Saturday, November 18, 2017
Jr. Novice, Bantam 1-2-3, Intermediate 1 & 2, Juvenile A, Juvenile B (Cadet), IJF Jr.
Sr. Novice, Senior Brown, Black Belt, Senior Masters and Kata
Competition Site: City College of San Francisco Wellness Center
Host: City College of San Francisco Judo Club and California Judo Inc.
NO ENTRIES will be accepted after November 4, 2017
Check In/Weigh In November 13 to 14, 2017
Draws/Fight Sheet • November 15 – 17, 2017
• Entryfee Refunds will be granted until November 4, 2017
NO Walk Up Registration
Please check the updated Competition Schedule
Tournament Director: Mitchell Palacio - Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tournament Coordinator: Samir Golubovic – Email: email@example.com
Kata Coordinator: Nancy Humbel
Head Referee: Dan Israel: International “A” Referee
Referees Meeting: Saturday, November 18, 2017 - 7:30 am
Coaches Meeting: Saturday, November 18, 2017 - 8:30 am
CJI State Meeting has been canceled
Registration & Fees
REGISTRATION & ENTRY FEES & REFUNDS
The official entry form and all other required forms and documents must be fully completed, properly signed, appropriate fees enclosed, personal check, money order or cashier's check (NO CASH), mailed to the address stated on the entry form and postmarked NO LATER than November 4, 2017.
There will be NO Walkup Registration
LAST POSTMARKED BY Saturday, November 4, 2017
Individual Entry Fee
Kata Entry Fee
ENTRY FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE
MAKE ALL CHECKS PAYABLE TO: Mitchell Palacio/CJI
2017 CJI State Championships
51 Curtis St.
San Francisco CA. 94112
INCOMPLETE ENTRY APPLICATIONS:
Entries with incomplete or missing information will be considered late entries unless the required material is received before the Tournament Check-In. You will be informed by email of incomplete or missing information and given an opportunity to properly submit all materials prior to Tournament Check-In.
NO WALK-UP REGISTRATION
INDIVIDUAL COMPETITION RULES
The Championships will be conducted in accordance with the Contest Rules, Organization Code and the Sporting Code of the International Judo Federation, as modified for the 2016 California State Championships as follows:
➢ SHIME-WAZA: (chokes) is allowed in Juvenile A, B and IJF Junior divisions ONLY and Sr. Novice, Brown, Black Belt and Masters Division.
➢ KANSETSU-WAZA (arm-locks) is allowed only in IJF Jr. Division and Black Belt and Masters Division ONLY.
➢ MATCH LENGTHS: Bantam, Intermediate, Juvenile A , Jr. Novice, Sr. Novice – 3 minutes
➢ MATCH LENGTHS: Juvenile B (IJF Cadet), IJF Junior and Brown/Black Belt Division – 5 minutes
➢ MATCH LENGTHS: Masters (30 yrs and older) – 3 minutes
➢ GOLDEN SCORE: The Golden Score (sudden victory) overtime rule will be in effect.
➢ INJURY RULE: Decisions as to whether an athlete may continue if injured while on the mat are to be resolved in accordance with IJF rules. Such decisions occurring off the mat or not covered by the IJF rules are to be made by the coach, the athlete, and the team doctor. If there is not a unanimous opinion among these three individuals, the athlete MAY NOT continue.
➢ JUDO GI COLOR: The wearing of a Blue judo gi by the “blue” side competitor will be required for IJF Junior and IJF Junior Open categories. For all other categories it will be OPTIONAL. The “white” side competitor MUST wear a white judo gi. Competitors are responsible for appearing in the correct color gi. Under no circumstances shall both competitors be allowed to compete in blue gis, nor will the blue and white competitors be allowed to switch positions. The gi jacket and pants must be the same color; no mixing of colors. In all matches where both competitors are wearing white gis, both competitors will remove their grade belts and wear a blue or white belt to identify the contestant’s designated color for the match.
➢ COMPETITORS and THEIR COACHES: are responsible for providing their OWN BLUE AND WHITE BELT for this competition. This rule will insure that the belts fit properly. Please mark your belts with your name or club.
➢ A COMPETITOR MAY COMPETE IN ONE DIVISION ONLY according to their year of birth and official weight, with the following exceptions:
1. For Bantam and Intermediate divisions ONLY. If a contestant’s division is uncontested, the player may move up one weight category where there are matches if consent for weight division change has been given by parent/legal guardian (See Consent for Competition Bracket Change Form). Any changes must be made prior to the start of the draw.
2. Juvenile B (IJF Cadet) contestants may compete in the IJF Junior division instead of, or in addition to, the Juvenile B (IJF Cadet) division. Those who choose to compete in both categories must fill out TWO (2) entry forms and pay TWO (2) fees.
The above listed exceptions MAY ONLY be applied with the written consent of the parents/legal guardians of the contestants under the age of 18 years old. Refer to the Consent for Competition Bracket Change Form.
The 2017 California State Judo Championships Tournament Committee, which includes the Tournament Director, CJI President and Chair of Standards Committee, has the authority to make any changes appropriate for the betterment of the tournament. Coaches, Instructors, and Parents will have an opportunity to review the categories and confirm their child’s/athlete’s suitability for participation.
➢ METHOD OF COMPETITION
These Championships will be using the following:
• Divisions with 6 or more athletes
Points based on level of win.
Ippon=10, Waza-ari=7, Yuko=5, Golden Score=1
• 5 athletes or less – Round Robin
• 2 athletes – Best of 2 out of 3
➢ SEEDING OF ATHLETES, DRAW PROCEDURES AND SCHEDULING
• There will be NO seeding of athletes.
• The draw will be random, with the restriction that players having the same club affiliation will be placed as far apart in the bracket as possible.
➢ MATCH SYSTEM
• Pools will be posted at the Venue and online at www.caljudoinc.org as soon as possible after the close of designated weigh-ins.
• Coaches please check the draw sheets to make sure your players are in their correct brackets
• Competitors are required to report to the staging area when announced.
Individual competition is open to any male or female born before Dec. 31, 2012, with the following restrictions:
1. ALL CONTESTANTS must be a resident of California
2. ALL CONTESTANTS must be a current member of at least one of the following organizations and have current insurance coverage with that organization on the day of competition: United States Judo Federation, United States Judo Association or USA Judo. Copy of passport or government issued birth certificate required. Membership card of USJF, USJA or USA Judo.
3. NO AGE WAIVERS will be CONSIDERED or ACCEPTED. Except for Juvenile B wishing to compete in IJF Junior (See Consent of Weight / Age Consent Form).
4. If the contestant holds a recognized rank of Shodan (1st degree Black Belt) or higher, from USJF, USJA or USA Judo or Recognized National Federation, you must have copy of rank certificate or copy of current USA JUDO membership card having the rank verification symbol “V” printed following the rank required.
5. If the contestant’s rank is lower than Shodan, the Certificate Regarding Non-Black Belt contestants must be completed and signed by a coach who holds a recognized Black Belt rank (Copy of Coach’s Black Belt rank) is required.
6. Master Division: 30 yrs and Older
KATA COMPETITION (Eligibility Requirements):
1. Any combination of male, female, or mixed pairs who meet the requirements specified under the individual competition eligibility requirements.
2. Kata teams may have United States of America and International team members.
Please note that each Category is based solely on the year in which the contestant was born. The contestant’s actual age on the day of competition is irrelevant. All weights listed below are in kilograms. For each weight division, the weight range will be over the next lower weight and up to and including the weight listed.
Example: Bantam 27 kg – over 23 kg and up to and including 27 kg.
The Tournament Committee reserves the right to make changes in the highest and lowest weigh classes in the BANTAM and INTERMEDIATE divisions when it is in the best interest of the contestants to make these changes due to differences in weights.
The following Age/Weight Categories will be used for this competition:
Jr. Novice: Male/Female
Division – Kilograms (Kg.)
Bantam 1; Born 2011 Male/Female
Bantam 2; Born 2010 Male/Female
Bantam 3; Born 2009 Male/Female
Juvenile B (Cadet)
Sr. Novice Division:
Sr. Brown Belts
Sr. Black Belts
Master (30 yrs and older)
The 2017 CJI Judo Championships Tournament Committee, which includes the Tournament Director, CJI President, and Chair of Standards Committee, has the authority to make any changes appropriate for the betterment of the tournament.
If a division has only one or two contestants, they may move up a weight division in the same age category. Juvenile B (Cadet) contestants have the option to compete in the IJF Junior category in addition to, or instead of their own weight division.
If the contestant is less than 18 years of age a parent or legal guardian must sign the proper forms. No exceptions! All forms must be completed and attached to the Entry Form. Please use the check-off list of items to ensure you send in a complete Registration Packet.
NO AGE WAIVERS WILL BE CONSIDERED NOR ACCEPTED. Except for Juvenile B wishing to compete in IJF Junior.
Nage No Kata
➢ First Three Sets of Nage-No-Kata (Te-waza, Koshi-waza, Ashi-waza)
➢ Full Set of Nage-No-Kata
➢ Full Set of Nage-No-Kata
Katame No Kata
➢ First Two Sets of Katame No Kata (Katame-waza, Shime-waza)
➢ Full Set of Katame-No-Kata
➢ Full set of Katame No Kata
Ju No Kata
➢ First Two Sets of Ju No Kata (Ikkyu, Nikyu)
➢ Full Set of Ju-No-Kata
➢ Full set of Ju No Kata
Weigh-in/Check-In: Satellite Centers
Additional Sites will be added
East Bay Judo Institute
IS NOT A SATELLITE WEIGH-IN SITE
Approved Satellite Weigh-In Site
City College of San Francisco
Martial Arts Room
50 Phelan Ave.
Tuesday, Nov. 14, 2017: 7:00 pm to 8:30 pm
South Bay Judo
Wilson Park Sports Complex
2400 Jefferson St
Torrance CA 90503
Tuesday, Nov. 14, 2017: 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm
Migoto Judo Dojo
2517 Windward Way
Chula Vista, CA 91914
Monday, Nov. 13, 2017: 7:00 pm to 10:00 pm
Tuesday, Nov. 14, 2017: 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm
Taishi Judo Club
14615 Gridley Rd.
Norwalk, Ca. 90650
Sawtelle Judo Dojo
2110 Corinth Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90025
Monday, Nov. 13, 2017: 6:00 pm to 9:30 pm
Taishi Judo Club
19751 S Figueroa St,
Carson, CA 90745
Norwalk Judo Dojo
14615 Gridley Rd
Norwalk, Ca. 90650
Fresno Judo Club
3343 W. Sussex Way
Fresno CA 93722
Nov 14, 2017.
Deleon Judo Club
150 Kenilworth Drive
Petaluma, CA 94954
Tuesday, Nov. 14, 2017: 4:30 pm to 8:00 pm
Sacramento Judo Club
2875 Fruitridge Road
Nov. 13, 2017: 4:30 pm to 7:00 pm
Silicon Valley Judo
92 N. Almaden Blvd
San Jose, Ca. 95110
Tuesday, Nov. 14, 2017: 6:30 pm to 9:00 pm
1040 Serpentine Lane
Pleasanton, CA 94566
Tuesday, Nov. 14, 2017: 6:30 pm to 8:00 pm
Salinas Judo Club
502 Pajaro St.
Salinas, Ca. 93901
Tuesday, Nov. 14, 2017: 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm
291 Carmel Ave.
Nov. 13th: 5:00 pm - 8:30 pm
2017 CJI Credential Coaches: Updated - Nov.10, 6:00 pm
2017 CJI Credential Coaches.
updated: Nov. 10, 6:00 pm
Your coach bracelet will be available at the tournament venue
Eric Van Susteren
2017 CJI Non- Credential Coaches: Updated - Nov.10, 6:00 pm
2017 Non-Credential Coach
Updated: Nov. 10, 6:00 pm
You have not verified your coach credential.
You will NOT have a coach bracelet, unless